Yeah, winter has finally arrived in New Jersey. After a Christmas and New Year where we could wear fall jackets, it’s finally time to break out the hats, scarves, and gloves.
Along with the cold weather and threat of snow, January brings the start of a new year. And with that, a lot of people set out a plan, or resolutions, for the year. Some keep them, many do not. I’ve been guilty of abandoning my resolutions before February, but nowadays don’t resolve to do something impossible. For instance, there’s NO way I’m giving up chocolate for any length of time.
Last year I set out some writing goals and I’m happy to say that I accomplished all of them, and several more that I hadn’t even planned on. Well, I did only make a dent in my reading backlog. Unfortunately, I acquired more books than I read, so I’m literally buried in books-both paper and e-versions. But, that’s not a complaint. I love being surrounded by books and would rather have too many to read than not enough.
So as we start the new year, here are some of my writing goals for 2012:
- Finish editing my second manuscript
- Fix plot issues with my first manuscript and/or start outlining/writing my third manuscript
- Sign with an agent
- Continue to maintain this blog along with regular blog posts with The Violet Femmes
- Continue to network with other writers
- Read authors I haven’t read before
- Continue to strengthen my craft through networking with other writers, classes, books
How about you? What are your writing goals for 2012? Have any tips to share to help me achieve mine?