2011 has been a great year and I expect that to continue into 2012. In addition to completing my second novel, I’ve been fortunate to meet a bunch of wonderful friends through NJRW. Together, we’re working to critique our work and improve our craft. Below is a recap of some of what I’m grateful for in 2011:
– My fabulous critique partner, Joanna Shupe, who has saved my butt from my lack of comma sense and helped me tighten my writing
– Fellow Violet Femmes, Michele Mannon and Janet Pepsin, and others from NJRW (Jenna Blue, et al), who are a source of great inspiration and support
– The judges from the 9 contests I entered this year. Although I didn’t final in any this year, I received a lot of useful feedback, which I’ll be incorporating into my stories.
– My NJRW pals who helped co-chair and coordinate categories in NJRW’s Golden Leaf contest. It was a fun experience and I look forward to working with all of you again next year
– My husband, who encouraged me to attend RWA Nationals in NYC
– My friends who listen to me talk about my book and offer plotting advice
– My kids, who think it’s neat that I write, although they won’t be able to read my books until they’re over 18!
It’s been a great year and I look forward to achieving some new goals in 2012.
Here’s hoping you all have a safe and healthy New Year!